Linear Group Services, LLC. (LinearGS) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you. If you would like to view or delete any personal data we have collected through our contact form, please access our privacy tools here. https://www.lineargs.com/privacy-tools/
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not)
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the least amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
If you use our contact or request for quote forms, we require your initial consent before storing your information and forwarding it as an email to our sales team. We tried to limit the amount of data we collect to make the form easier to fill out. This may include what type of customer you are, your name, country, email address, phone, company name, and comments. We collect this information to help us deliver you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example site wide clicks, views, and time on site. This information is used to improve your customer experience. We do not collect any personal tracking data for analytics, and all IPs are anonymous.
How we use your Personal Data
The only personal data we collect is through our contact and RFQ forms. This is done to:
- provide our service to you
- communicate with you in relation to those products and services
- communicate and interact with you
- notify you of changes to any services
- enhance your customer experience
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction
- If opt-ed in to our mailing list , to present you with information about new products.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data unless it is necessary to process an order. For instance your name and address will be shared with UPS or FEDEX to facilitate shipment of goods.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Our website is hosted on WPEngine.com, which is a leading provider for wordpress installs and is GDPR Compliant.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and service. You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies by using a plugin from google.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and product selection storage. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
At this time there are no required cookies for our site to operate.
Cookies Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager software to collect information about how you use vibra-tite.com. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on vibra-tite.com
- how long you spend on each lineargs.com page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We don’t collect or store your personal information with Google, so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
We anonymize your ip address.
We don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
Google Universal Analytics
|_ga||This helps us count how many people visit lineargs.com by tracking if you’ve visited before||2 years|
|_gid||This helps us count how many people visit lineargs.com by tracking if you’ve visited before||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made||24 hours|
|_utma||Like _ga, this lets us know if you’ve visited before, so we can count how many of our visitors are new to lineargs.com or to a certain page||2 years|
|_utmb||This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on lineargs.com||30 minutes|
|_utmc||This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser||When you close your browser|
|_utmz||This tells us how you reached lineargs.com (for example from another website or a search engine)||6 months|
We use YouTube to provide videos on some pages of the site. YouTube sets cookies when you visit one of these pages.
|IDE||Doubleclick.net. View data sent to Google Analytics|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Lets Youtube count the views of embedded Youtube videos||9 months|
Die Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit
Tel. +49 228 997799 0; +49 228 81995 0
Fax +49 228 997799 550; +49 228 81995 550
Last modification was made May 21st, 2018.